Shibboleth.DEPRECATION : MetadataGenerator handler

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu Dec 9 03:34:37 UTC 2021

On 12/8/21, 9:52 PM, "users on behalf of Jan Vilhuber" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of JVilhuber at absolute.com> wrote:

>    I guess what I was looking for is something about “here’s what to use instead”.

Any editor.

> I was vaguely aware of the metagen.sh script, but thought it was simply an older testing tool of some kind. It
> hadn’t sunk in that that was the recommended replacement to the metadata-generator endpoint.

There is no recommendation at this point and I doubt the script in anything like the form it's in would be anything official. Maybe throwing it on a web site and making it into a CGI script or something would be a future possibility.

In the sense you mean it, there is no replacement or a plan for one. The priority is not that, it's making the software sustainable, which as of now it most definitely is not.