IDP 2.4.4: Partial metadata reflected in profile/Metadata/SAML

Brent Putman putmanb at georgetown.edu
Mon Apr 18 17:51:48 EDT 2016

On 4/18/16 5:41 PM, Cantor, Scott wrote:
> On 4/18/16, 5:36 PM, "users on behalf of Brent Putman" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of putmanb at georgetown.edu> wrote:
>

>> Maybe, but I can't understand how it could just remove the endpoints and not other things.  If seems too targeted and specific.  *Maybe*, just maybe, the impl of the storage of the lists of endpoints is implemented such that the endpoint objects wouldn't survive garbage collection under some conditions. That would be a pretty esoteric problem though.
> That was what I was vaguely thinking, but I would imagine that would cause problems people would have noticed by now with the regular metadata it actually uses to do work.

Agreed, I would think we would have seen this by now.  That code
(XMLObjectChildrenList) hasn't changed much in 8 or 10 years.  Just
looked at it.  I don't see anything obvious in it (or the LazyList that
is uses internall) that would obviously account for this, like use of
Weak- or SoftReferences.   So if it's something like that, it's very
non-obvious and subtle.  And probably affects v3 too, since I doubt
those classes have changed much, if at all.