IDP 2.4.4: Partial metadata reflected in profile/Metadata/SAML

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Mon Apr 18 17:41:49 EDT 2016

On 4/18/16, 5:36 PM, "users on behalf of Brent Putman" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of putmanb at georgetown.edu> wrote:

>Maybe, but I can't understand how it could just remove the endpoints and not other things.  If seems too targeted and specific.  *Maybe*, just maybe, the impl of the storage of the lists of endpoints is implemented such that the endpoint objects wouldn't survive garbage collection under some conditions. That would be a pretty esoteric problem though.

That was what I was vaguely thinking, but I would imagine that would cause problems people would have noticed by now with the regular metadata it actually uses to do work.

Pretty sure your explanation of the file changing is the vastly more likely reason. I didn't actually remember the file-based metadata provider would monitor for changes by default.