Determining ptional vs. required attribute on the consent page?

Wessel, Keith kwessel at illinois.edu
Fri Apr 1 12:59:03 EDT 2016

I think I know the answer to this after consulting the Javadoc and Wiki reference material, but just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.

Is there any way, when displaying attributes from the attributeReleaseContext on the consent page, to tell if a given attribute is required or optional for the given service provider based on <md:RequestedAttribute> tags?

If not, seems like it would be a nice feature for per-attribute consent. I can't see turning on per-attribute consent if a user doesn't know which attributes a service must have vs. those that would just allow for added functionality. The information from the metadata is probably several layers abstracted from the list of consentable attributes passed to the velocity template, but this, if possible, would be a nice feature to have, IMHO, if it's not possible now.

Thanks,
Keith