Help with DiscoveryResponse Element

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Fri Aug 7 12:33:24 EDT 2015

On 8/7/15, 11:27 AM, "users on behalf of Antelmo Aguilar" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of Antelmo.Aguilar.17 at nd.edu> wrote:

>I believe I have everything setup correctly except the DiscoveryResponse element.  I am supposed to specify it, but I do not know where.

That's part of your SAML metadata. If you're talking about InCommon, that's part of the metadata you can register there.

> Also, I am confused on the format that I am supposed to declare it.  For example, it says that I should specify the location, does that mean I should declare the DiscoveryResponse element like this:

You don't declare it at all unless you're authoring SAML metadata directly, and in that case the syntax you can find from the underlying specification that defined it. [1]

I believe the SP will generate valid examples for this in the metadata it generates in any case.

-- Scott

[1] https://wiki.oasis-open.org/security/IdpDiscoSvcProtonProfile