Performance issue with 4.2.1

John C. Pfeifer pfeifer at umd.edu
Wed Oct 5 20:16:53 UTC 2022

We are running our 4.2.1 IdP in AWS (SAML & CAS, w/ LDAP) with no issues. It is essential that you properly size the AWS instances (our tomcats run on t3.large). If you run out of CPU credits or IO credits, your performance will fall off the proverbial cliff. This can be seen in the metrics available on the AWS console.

//
John Pfeifer
Division of Information Technology
University of Maryland, College Park