Shibboleth IdP and CAS metadata

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu May 26 18:49:39 UTC 2022

On 5/25/22, 10:17 AM, "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2 at osu.edu> wrote:

>    > Does the "search" for CAS metadata for a given CAS login request include checking LocalDynamic metadata
>    > providers based on the SHA1 of the service URL?
>
>    Probably? But I suspect you trying it will be faster than one of us checking the code.

Actually if you mean the service URL when it’s *not* the same as the entityID, no, I bet that would not work. It can index the endpoints to look them up that way but I don't think it hashes them. It might work by accident if that metadata file had already been loaded but the LocalDynamic provider doesn't have a way to find the right file without the entityID.