Odd IIS attribute mapping issue after SP 3.0 upgrade

Kim, Allan jak009 at ucsd.edu
Tue Feb 9 20:24:10 UTC 2021

One of our SP operators ran into an unusual attribute mapping problem after upgrading from SP 2.5.3 to SP3.1.0.2 on IIS 7.5 (yes, we realize this is EOL).

The local attribute map has a number of attributes with underscores in the attribute ID, e.g.:

<am:Attribute name="urn:mace:ucsd.edu:sso:people:long_email" id="LONG_EMAIL"/>

Before the upgrade, SP 2.5.3 mapped these as expected. After the upgrade, the attributes were mapped without the underscore (e.g. "LONGEMAIL" instead of "LONG_EMAIL").

According to the developer, the upgraded SP/application is using server variables on IIS 7.5.7600.16385.

I couldn't find anything related to this in the docs or issues tracker - has anyone else encountered this problem?