IDP 4 attribute release issue
cantor.2 at osu.edu
Fri Nov 20 14:53:54 UTC 2020
On 11/20/20, 9:45 AM, "users on behalf of Beytrison Olivier" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of olivier.beytrison at hefr.ch> wrote:
> How should I fix this ? :)
It's exactly what I just posted. An upgraded IdP has an internally controlled set of resources to load into the registry service that includes the resolver configuration file. That ensures any legacy AttributeEncoders are handled so the output is the same as it was.
If you don't upgrade properly, or if you do some sort of post-upgrade change to the configuration that stops loading that file into the registry service or removes the AttributeEncoder(s), it's not going to work unless you manually add a transcoding rule for "email", which is not the standard alias used for the attribute ("mail" is).
In my case, I had the same kind of custom ID for an attribute, but I removed the AttributeEncoders during a cleanup process to modernize the file thinking they'd be handled automatically and didn't remember I had used a different ID for the attribute.
More information about the users