IDP 3.4 - Service 'shibboleth.AttributeResolverService': Initial load failed

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Fri Mar 13 13:50:34 EDT 2020

* Gustavo Duarte <gus.duarte at gmail.com> [2020-03-13 17:46]:
> The logs says, something like: Could not resolve placeholder
> 'idp.attribute.resolver.LDAP.searchFilter', however I have not write this
> at any place.

If the IDP complains about a property you didn't set anywhere then
you're probably not editing the right config file or the IDP doesn't
use it (yet, maybe it needs a full restart).

> My LDAP connector in attribute-resolver.xml is:
> And my ldap.properties is:

I do wonder why you felt the need to rewrite both of those files when
the defaults are working fine (if uses properly) and contain many more
properties?

-peter