custom entityID

Donald Lohr lohrda at jmu.edu
Thu Aug 6 18:28:22 UTC 2020

By adding the a *p:responderId* to the section of my relying-party.xml
specifically for this SP, login now works:

<bean parent="RelyingPartyByName"
c:relyingPartyIds="https://acme.com/sp/shibboleth"
*p:responderId="https://xxxx.yyyy.zzzz/idp/shibboleth"*>
</bean>

Right/wrong/indifferent

Thanks,
Don

On 8/6/20 2:18 PM, Les LaCroix wrote:
> Surely, if I'm not aware of a feature, it must be obscure.  (just kidding)
>
> I think, though, I'm pretty happy that I haven't had the need to
> override responderId yet.
>

> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.carleton.edu_&d=DwMFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=Pa2DB88IW_s2TyLfktHtWA&m=KXGyT1pu743_ZUqKvh3n1hk-cwLSZdmeQEXNUOJt8ig&s=4zTWJXfhNo7adFHb5z_YdZt-H1qItxTHQhgdo3Y2ALQ&e=>
>

> *Les LaCroix '79*
>
> Strategic Technologist
>
> Information Technology Services
>
> t: (507) 222-5455
>

> On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 12:55 PM Cantor, Scott <cantor.2 at osu.edu
> <mailto:cantor.2 at osu.edu>> wrote:
>
>     On 8/6/20, 1:38 PM, "users on behalf of Les LaCroix"
>     <users-bounces at shibboleth.net
>     <mailto:users-bounces at shibboleth.net> on behalf of
>     llacroix at carleton.edu <mailto:llacroix at carleton.edu>> wrote:
>
>     >    Last resort for me would be to run a completely separate SAML
>     provider.
>
>     I'm not sure I buy the value of running a second IdP instead of adding
>
>     p:responderId="secondentityid"
>
>     to a file.
>
>     I entirely agree it's a bad thing to agree to, but not because
>     it's hard. It's one of the least invasive "bad idea" changes I
>     could think of in fact, and it's certainly not obscure.
>
>     -- Scott
>

>     --
>     For Consortium Member technical support, see
>     https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/x/coFAAg
>     <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__wiki.shibboleth.net_confluence_x_coFAAg&d=DwMFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=Pa2DB88IW_s2TyLfktHtWA&m=KXGyT1pu743_ZUqKvh3n1hk-cwLSZdmeQEXNUOJt8ig&s=-Tc1tGL8TvJCUEWTZHTQgIBpO23XX9RAtYPEsso2pl0&e=>
>     To unsubscribe from this list send an email to
>     users-unsubscribe at shibboleth.net

D o n a l d   L o h r
I n f o r m a t i o n   S y s t e m s
J a m e s   M a d i s o n   U n i v e r s i t y
5 4 0 . 5 6 8 . 3 7 3 0