idp 4.0 with oidc 2.0, no OIDCExtendedNamingRegistry

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu Apr 30 18:40:40 EDT 2020

On 4/30/20, 6:34 PM, "users on behalf of Jim Fox" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of fox at washington.edu> wrote:

> And searching through everything in (idp_home) I can find no bean definition for OIDCExtendedNamingRegistry.

It's inside (one of) the jar files of the plugin. The reason it's not loading I suspect is an upgrade artifact combined with the age of your web.xml customizations. Your copy was forked off a very early iteration that lacks the hook the plugin is using to install itself that was not in the original 3.0.0.

Check dist/WEB-INF/web.xml against your copy.

The very top of the file has to have this:

    <!-- Spring application context files. Files are loaded in the order they appear with subsequent files overwriting
        same named beans in previous files. -->
    <context-param>
        <param-value>classpath*:/META-INF/net.shibboleth.idp/preconfig.xml,${idp.home}/system/conf/global-system.xml,classpath*:/META-INF/net.shibboleth.idp/postconfig.xml</param-value>
    </context-param>

The missing hook you don't have is the postconfig.xml part.

Replace your definition with the newer one (as well as perhaps moving in other things that have been added, but that's the problem in this case).