Web application

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Fri Oct 25 12:41:50 EDT 2019

* Landry BIAO <iloumon53 at gmail.com> [2019-10-25 18:24]:
> Hi all, can you help me submit my web applications for shibboleth for
> authentication? I'm running on Ubuntu. Can I have a configuration guide.

There is no supported release of the Shibboleth SP software available
for Ubunbtu, at least not from the Shibboleth project.

Here is the documentation for old, unsupported versions, though, that
fully covers configuration:
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2

Now SWITCH provides third-party packages of the Shibboleth SP software
for Ubuntu -- but in the thread about your IDP installation you said
you were using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and SWITCH seemingly only has packages
for the latest Ubuntu LTS release which is 18.04 at this time:
https://www.switch.ch/aai/guides/sp/installation/

So it seems you'd have to either:

* upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 and use the SWITCH packages and
  documentation -- note that SWITCH will not provide support for these
  unless you are their member/customer, or

* run the old, unsupported Shib SP version provided by Ubuntu (that
  may have security bugs), or

* build a current version of the SP software from source code, or

* use a different OS/version that has better support for the
  Shibboleth SP software (e.g. CentOS or Debian).

-peter