Portal / Dashboard page

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Tue Mar 19 12:23:50 EDT 2019

* Muzinich, Mike <MuziniM at losrios.edu> [2019-03-19 16:55]:
> We are looking at portal products to land our SSO users on that will
> give them views into their courses, email, calendar, and other SSO
> applications.  The only requirement is the software must be able to
> be a SAML service provider.  Obviously having a product that is
> relatively easy to setup and use is a plus.  What are others using?

Any web server with a Shibboleth SP on it?

In the past I've had that on an Apache httpd server that was also
proxying the IDP itself, so the SP "portal" was at
https://login.example.edu/ and the IDP was at
https://login.example.edu/idp (default context of the Shib IDP).

I.e, people entering https://login.example.edu would access the SP and
find a large "login" button there. Clicking that would give them a
local SP session (and create an IDP session, of one wasn't available,
in the process) and with a valid session the SP would display commonly
used applications.

But then you can put such a list anywhere else and the benefit of
people accessing "the IDP" (an SP at the IDP) first isn't obvious.

-peter