common LDAP schemas to draw attribute definitions from

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Mon Jul 1 14:59:28 EDT 2019

* Liam Hoekenga <liamr at umich.edu> [2019-07-01 20:51]:
> I'm hesitant to expose our internal OID assignments

"Expose" how? If you agree on those with outside parties (I'm guessing
some vendor application in this case?) you can either treat this as a
bilateral thing (and the vendor probably couldn't care less about the
value you chose to use and whether that's a standard or even a valid
URI) or you try to see how far getting something standardized will
take you (i.e., common use-case effecting many parties w/o anything
defined yet).
For our community you've already found the places to go, today all
managed by REDEDS (i.e., eduPerson and the-mixed-bag-of-stuff-that-is-SCHAC).
-peter