A problem with Shibboleth 3.4.x packages

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu Aug 8 09:58:26 EDT 2019

On 8/8/19, 9:39 AM, "users on behalf of Marco Malavolti" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of marco.malavolti at garr.it> wrote:

> I've already use them with the previous version of Shibboleth Identity
> Provider package (v3.3.3) without install an IdP.

That was never supported or intended to work.

> Why it is not allowed anymore?

Software that hasn't been installed isn't intended to work. You can't run an RPM or a Windows installer. This is the same.

> I use that script to generate shibboleth "credentials" for our IdPs.

None of the "credential" generation tools are anything more than examples, but as far as making them run, you have to install the software somewhere first.