IIS installation problems

Rod Widdowson rdw at steadingsoftware.com
Tue Sep 4 04:29:19 EDT 2018

Thanks Steven,
> Rod, I have a recipe that I know worked for Windows Server 2012R2 and SP v2,

I'm good with installing IIS into the Server operating systems.  It's just that I have never installed server components into a
desktop version (willingly), the whole issues of license starts to become problematic.

> The ISAPI Extensions and ISAPI Filters features are not also enabled when the top level IIS feature is enabled(along with
> none of the other Application Development Features).

OP is talking about the new plugin...

> The iis7_shib.dll refuses to load.

and the iis7 plugin absolutely doesn't require any of the old ISAPI bridge stuff.  That was a major requirement in doing the work -
to leverage the IIS7 "native" API (which of course is a badly defined beast since a whole bunch of IIS is managed code).

Rod