nelnet?

Bryan Wooten bryan.wooten at utah.edu
Thu Jul 19 19:50:26 EDT 2018

Fellow Higher Ed folks,

Today I learned we are engaging nelnet.com. They are apparently  an Incommon member, so they do SAML and should understand Shib.

I spent an hour with one of our Peoplesoft system analysts trying to understand what nelnet expected.

And what I learned is that they wanted to make a call (think URL, not Restful/Webservice/SOAP) to one of our Peoplesoft content providers to get student loan/payment/parking/housing payment info. Backchannel. They provide the backend Peoplecode at the endpoint.

Via  a URL protected by our CAS SSO… Which is set up to work with people to enter credentials/MFA, not system accounts or anything web service related.

So I kindly ask for any experiences with this vendor and how I should proceed to make this project successful.

Best Regards,

Bryan