New opportunities at the University of Kent
B.Ferguson at kent.ac.uk
Wed Feb 28 11:18:29 EST 2018
Dear all -
We are recruiting for three new posts in Information Services at the University of Kent. They are all grade 7 (£33,518 - £38,833 per annum) , fixed term for 2 years and full time:
IT Operations Officer (Windows) <https://jobs.kent.ac.uk/fe/tpl_kent01.asp?s=4A515F4E5A565B1A&jobid=41596,2376488768&key=51912975&c=467123993402&pagestamp=seeuanfmtsgngvqhha> :
· Manage the day to day running of physical and virtual Windows servers
· Troubleshoot problems and manage system outages keeping downtime to a minimum
· Perform regular maintenance tasks, such as patching
· Work to improve monitoring, logging and alerting systems
· Support IT development teams with input into active project work
· Develop and deploy appropriate server and storage infrastructure across the Canterbury, Medway and other campuses.
· Maintain and promote suitably secure systems and processes to protect the University data and comply with current legislation.
· Develop and maintain critical university systems to support the needs of the University.
· Contribute to the success of the Server Infrastructure Team and to a mature, supportive and proactive team culture. Helping to maintain the team's strong reputation and good relationships throughout the University.
Database and Corporate System Administrator<https://jobs.kent.ac.uk/fe/tpl_kent01.asp?s=4A515F4E5A565B1A&jobid=41490,2356777202&key=51914069&c=768734239851&pagestamp=selctegfbqixgjrojx>:
* Provide 3rd line support for Corporate Systems
* Apply upgrades and patches to applications and associated infrastructure (MS SQL, desktop client, web technologies etc)
* Develop and maintain integrations with other Corporate Systems, to enhance the student and staff experience using SSIS and T-SQL
* Monitor and enhance DB performance
* Design and implement secure infrastructure to support Corporate Systems
Please feel free to contact me if you would like any more information about these opportunities. Also, please pass this on to anyone who might be interested.
Bonnie Ferguson | Head of IT Support
IT Support, Information Services, University of Kent
Room S27, Cornwallis South
Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1227 827588
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the users