shib_check_user: error

Klingenstein, Nate nklingenstein at calstate.edu
Mon Apr 23 21:43:15 EDT 2018

I had some suggestions typed up before Scott replied, so let me share them anyhow.

I think the most likely is that the configuration you think is in effect isn't actually in effect.  I believe 15 minutes is the default, which is a pretty good indication that the default is being applied for some reason.

Something like poorly configured application overrides or a configuration file in the wrong place would be the most likely causes.

But you should look in shibd.log rather than native.log for more relevant details.

The developers have limited time to answer to public requests, so don't take the terse answer badly.  I understand that consortium members have other, expanded support channels.