Memcached operation did not complete in time

Aaron Howell aaron.howell at deakin.edu.au
Fri Oct 20 01:18:50 EDT 2017

One of our environments keeps getting this error - luckily it is not production - but I am at a loss to explain why it occurs only in this environment and not others - and am worried it might start presenting elsewhere.

Once it occurs - it remains broken - and cannot logging. Restarting memcache does nothing - restarting Jetty returns the service to working. Not sure exactly how long it runs until it breaks again yet - I’ll start check frequently to find that out.

All environments were configured automatically using puppet - and another configuration file management tool means they are configured virtually the same.

Any ideas what to look for?

Cheers,
Aaron

2017-10-20 16:06:23,708 - ERROR [org.opensaml.storage.ReplayCache:144] - Exception reading/writing to storage service, returning java.io.IOException: Memcached operation did not complete in time (2s)
2017-10-20 16:06:23,709 - WARN [org.opensaml.saml.common.binding.security.impl.MessageReplaySecurityHandler:156] - Message Handler:  Replay detected of message '_ebed5da38f71f1523125b17537327000' from issuer 'https://manager.test.aaf.edu.au/shibboleth'
2017-10-20 16:06:23,710 - WARN [net.shibboleth.idp.profile.impl.WebFlowMessageHandlerAdaptor:202] - Profile Action WebFlowMessageHandlerAdaptor: Exception handling message
org.opensaml.messaging.handler.MessageHandlerException: Rejecting replayed message ID '_ebed5da38f71f1523125b17537327000' from issuer https://manager.test.aaf.edu.au/shibboleth
        at org.opensaml.saml.common.binding.security.impl.MessageReplaySecurityHandler.doInvoke(MessageReplaySecurityHandler.java:157)
2017-10-20 16:06:23,712 - WARN [org.opensaml.profile.action.impl.LogEvent:105] - A non-proceed event occurred while processing the request: MessageReplay

Important Notice: The contents of this email are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and any attachments immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone.

Deakin University does not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.