Lazy Sessions and /secure

Mr. Christopher Bland chris at fdu.edu
Wed Nov 15 10:39:35 EST 2017

Hi Scott,

Did a little more digging and reading and my primary issue is
Overlapping Webspace

In order to have two overlapping URLs one has to consider the order in which certain sections or directives are evaluated. For<Location><http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#location> this would be:

<Location "/foo">
</Location>
<Location "/foo/bar">
</Location>

After moving my location directive around I started getting

AH01629: authorization failure (no authenticated user): /secure/

I changed /secure to what’s below and it works now.  I

<Location />
  AuthType shibboleth
  ShibRequireSession Off
  ShibUseHeaders On
  Require shibboleth
</Location>

<Location /secure>
  AuthType shibboleth
  ShibRequireSession On
  ShibUseHeaders On
</Location>

Hope this helps anyone else that hits this problem.

-Chris