Shib new support question

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu Nov 2 12:57:18 EDT 2017

> We are currently going through the enrollment process for membershib to
> the Shibboleth Consortium.  Justin has indicated that for the new support
> platform, we should provide an existing Confluence account.  He also
> provided a link for more info on the support options[1].

"Confluence account" meaning the user in our wiki you want us to give control over your member page for authorizing use of our new stuff.

> Firstly, I visited the link[1] Justin provided, and clicked the “Service Desk
> Portal” link which prompts with discovery.  Our IdP is listed and my successful
> authentication results in an “You do not have permission to enter this
> portal…”, which is expected.

It's the same JIRA as usual, the portal just has its own access control. I am trying to work out how to customize the "denial" text but so far no luck with it.

> Secondly, we do currently use Confluence at our Campus so if that is, in fact,
> required, we would need a separate purchase for that service(not entirely
> unreasonable at $100 annually for 10 users).

We're not talking about you using it.

> Based on the Service Desk Portal behavior, are you guys just needing a SAML
> assertion attribute to authorize?  Or, do we need to sign up for Confluence as
> Justin is suggesting?

I think he just must have confused you. Or if I wrote something unclear...