Need input on the approaches for ESO implementation

Kim, Allan jak009 at ucsd.edu
Thu Jun 29 16:59:32 EDT 2017

Since mod_shib communicates with shibd using either a Unix or TCP/IP socket, in theory you can set up a remote connection between the two:

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/NativeSPTCPListener

But I don't know of anyone who uses this in practice ... IMO the problems with approach #1 by far outweigh any hypothetical advantages.