Cannot start Shib SP service or execute shibd.exe -check on windows box

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Mon Jan 30 09:51:28 EST 2017

> Is there some other package separate from
> shib that if missing could cause shib not to run like one of the visual c++ ?

Everything it needs it comes with, for the moment. Microsoft seems to be determined to make that impossible going forward, and then things will get worse, but for now it's self contained.

Usually that's caused by a conflicting DLL but I've eliminated most of the conflicting names, so that's less likely now.