Installer Issue

Aaron Howell aaron.howell at deakin.edu.au
Wed May 18 00:31:15 EDT 2016

Sorry for the delay in getting back

> What are you putting inside idp.property.file ?
idp.noprompt=true
idp.no.tidy=true
idp.src.dir=/tmp/shibboleth-identity-provider-3.2.1/
idp.target.dir=/tmp/shibboleth-idp/
idp.merge.properties=idp.merge.properties
idp.host.name=hostname.example.com
idp.sealer.password=password
idp.keystore.password=password

> You can also run build.sh with -v which provides more information that you should care about.
The output I already posted was from the -v option. I only posted the part that fails.

So to clarify - we have a Dev host with the IdP software already installed at /opt/shibboleth-idp (files are owned by another user at the moment). I am testing some things with the installer to reliably deploy to other environments with consistent settings - as I don't want to overwrite anything currently happening in Dev at the moment I was deploying to another location (in this case /tmp/shibboleth-idp/). However the installer is still trying to read in the /opt/shibboleth-idp/ - but failing as it exists but does not have permission - I'm not going to give it permissions as it really shouldn't even be trying /opt/shibboleth-idp/ if I have specified an alternative directory.

Cheers,
Aaron

Important Notice: The contents of this email are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and any attachments immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone.

Deakin University does not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.