Namespace does not seem to include FilterElement

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed Mar 30 10:11:16 EDT 2016

On 3/30/16, 10:08 AM, "users on behalf of Rod Widdowson" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of rdw at steadingsoftware.com> wrote:

>> Well, we changed the names in some cases in the filter plugins.
>
>I'm quite happy to re-investigate this for 3.3 To my mind the namespace
>flattening in the filters was one of the biggest ease of use wins in 3.2...

Well, for myself, I definitely would like to get rid of the namespaces, but I think the big win in the resolver is the ordering mess.

I suspect the problem was that we were focusing on these two issues separately. If you don't change the namespaces, I think it's too hard to fix the ordering "in place" in the schema, because the elements were spread across multiple namespaces. Fixing both at once should be very possible, because the new xsi:types are fundamentally not the same types as before.