High Availability Clarification/Confirmation wanted please

Eric Wedaa Eric.Wedaa at marist.edu
Wed Mar 23 15:52:09 EDT 2016

Just to make sure, it appears that HA/Sharing of tickets between different IDPs is NOT currently supported?  So if node-1 fails, and my HA hardware sends the IDP requests to Node-2, that they will have to login again?

OR am I missing something?  How do other people deal with this issue?

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP30/Clustering

Says:
At present, there is no solution provided to replicate the  per-request conversational state. This means that 100% high availability  is not supported; a failed node will disrupt any requests that are in  the midst of being processed by the node. It also means that some degree  of session "stickiness" is required. Clients must have some degree of  node affinity so that requests will continue to go to a single node for  the life of a request. This was always strongly encouraged for  performance reasons, but is now formally required.