IDP3 documentation regarding StoredId deprecated class

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Mon Mar 21 19:36:12 EDT 2016

On 3/21/16, 7:28 PM, "users on behalf of Charles R. Tompkins" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of crt at ufl.edu> wrote:

>Can the "dataSource-ref" property for the idp.persistentId.store bean be
>sourced by a bean managed connection in global.xml (shared by the
>attribute-resolver data connectors) or does idp.persistentId.dataStore need
>to be specified independently in saml-nameid.xml for idp.persistentId.store
>to invoke from?

Ordinarily you wouldn't do that because the ID store has to be writeable, and of course the connections are configured to be at a high isolation level. Most resolver data sources are accessed read-only (and with as low an isolation level as one could get).

But yes, you could share it. Personally either way I would define all my JDBC data sources in one place, be it global.xml or a new file you import into it. For the resolver, it's now possible to share one connection pool across any number of data connectors, that's the main advantage to defining them in beans.