Shibboleth IdP software version in eduGAIN metadata

Tom Scavo trscavo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 15:13:30 EDT 2016

Hi,

I have a script that probes a Shibboleth IdP deployment in federation
metadata and tries to determine whether the deployment is running V2
or V3 software. Today I ran the script on eduGAIN metadata with these
results: https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/L45HBQ

Briefly, of 2134 IdPs in eduGAIN metadata, 1603 (75%) are Shibboleth
IdP deployments, and of those, 397 (25%) are known to be running V3
software.

We still have some way to before Shibboleth IdP V2 reaches end-of-life
in just five weeks, on July 31, 2016.

Tom