Really stupid question about IdP v3 CAS support

Karla Borecky kborecky at smith.edu
Fri Jul 1 11:28:46 EDT 2016

Hello,

I have a very very very stupid - but I think not difficult - question about
the CAS support in IdP v3.

Our libraries recently dropped a shib-enabled service in favor of one
hosted by Bepress, which only supports LDAP and CAS. (Why, on both counts.)

We really want to move away from LDAP auth for all the reasons everyone
knows. So, here comes the stupid question. If I configure the CAS support
on my IdP, will this fill the bill for them? I don't mean 'guarantee I can
get it working with them when it comes down to the details' - just that it
is the correct direction to try.

I know only a teensy bit about CAS so I hope this isn't opening a can of
worms I don't want to open. But we don't want to have LDAP access any more,
either .

So, if someone could help this clueless IdP admin - AKA me! - I would
really appreciate it. If anyone else has dealt with Bepress in this
situation and can offer advice, that would be a bonus!

Thanks,
Karla B

ps Why oh why do they not support shib?!

          Karla Borecky
Systems Administrator
ITS
Smith College