Configuration Management Scripts

Etienne Dysli-Metref etienne.dysli-metref at switch.ch
Thu Feb 18 03:53:03 EST 2016

On 18/02/16 07:05, Chris Rohrer wrote:
>> I'm migrating a large deployment from manual builds to anything else
>> under the sun.  I have experience with Salt and Chef, but Puppet is
>> preferred here.
>
> I have started with an Ansible playbook for an IdP v3:
> https://github.com/ubuntunet/shibboleth-identity-provider_ansible

Hey Chris! ;)

I wrote modules/roles for both Puppet and Ansible and additional ones
for the IdP's dependencies we typically use at SWITCH (i.e. Java,
Tomcat, Apache httpd, PostgreSQL). Though the Ansible roles are more a
proof of concept to compare with Puppet. Sadly, none of this is
published, but something could be done about it...

Cheers,
   Etienne