Kerberos Login Handler and Username/Password

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed Oct 7 07:15:14 EDT 2015

On 10/7/15, 2:28 AM, "users on behalf of Kevin Ratcliffe" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of kratcliffe at bolton-sfc.ac.uk> wrote:

>Thank you for your quick reply Scott.
>
>So am I correct in thinking that the spnegoscript.js called from login.jsp just won't work?

I've never used it, but I think what it's doing is essentially passing control internally off to the second handler's servlet location, and presumably if that works it will return control from that handler and the IdP is fooled into essentially taking the result from the second.

>Would there be any benefit upgrading to idp v3 to achieve my goal of detecting if an authentication request is from outside of our campus range then authenticate with username/password?

Equivalent SPNEGO support will be in the next release, it's not in the current one.

Linking together or moving between login methods is more formally defined now.