Installation and source code problems, please help

Ian Young ian at iay.org.uk
Thu Dec 10 05:52:01 EST 2015

> On 10 Dec 2015, at 10:25, Peter Schober <peter.schober at univie.ac.at> wrote:
>
> I would think that SVN is not the right place to get the source code
> for the IDP project.

Those pages may be confusing you a little, in fact the v2 and v3 IdP and OpenSAML codebases are still in Subversion right now. Most of the supporting projects have been converted to Git now, though.

> Not that I think you should try to build from source.

Absolutely agree. If you just want to deploy the software rather than develop extensions for it, you should NOT need to use the source, particularly if you're new to the software and don't know your way around it yet.

    -- Ian