Issue finding NamespaceHandler when configuring attribute-resolver.xml

Dana Duerr Dana.Duerr at
Tue Aug 11 16:34:52 EDT 2015

Hi All,

We have made a lot of progress with or IdP 3 installation.  For our first stab at attributes we created a Static data connector and were able to successfully  complete a full SSO session and send our static attributes.  We recently updated our code to use a custom data connector and we now get the following error.  I think I have included all the relevant information below…. Sorry for the wall of text.  Any help would be appreciated.


ERROR [] - Service 'shibboleth.AttributeResolverService': Reload for shibboleth.AttributeResolverService failed org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unable to locate NamespaceHandler for namespace [urn:global:waw:1.0:resolver]

I have created a namespace handler that extends from BaseSpringNamespaceHandler.  It has a public var NAMESPACE set to "urn:global:waw:1.0:resolver".

In my resources/METAINF folder I have:
Spring.handlers: urn\:global\:waw\:1.0\:resolver = org.worldatwork.shibboleth.config.WaWNamespaceHandler
Spring.schemas: urn\:global\:waw\:1.0\:resolver = schema/waw-resolver.xsd

In my resources/schema folder I have waw-resolver.xsd.  The relevant parts are:
<schema targetNamespace="urn:global:waw:1.0:resolver" xmlns=""

in my attributes-resolver.xml I’ve added the following xmlns and schemaLocation:
urn:global:waw:1.0:resolver classpath:/schema/waw-resolver.xsd

My data connector is configured as follows (with the attribute definitions following):

    <resolver:DataConnector id="WaWAttributes" xsi:type="waw:Test"
                                mail = "mail"
                                eduPersonTargetedID = "eduPersonTargetedID"
                                personRole = "personRole"
                                firstName = "firstName"
                                lastName = "lastName"
                                certifications = "certifications"
                                title ="title"
                                companyName = "companyName"
                                shippingAddress = "shippingAddress"
                                phone = "phone"
                                areaOfExpertise = "areaOfExpertise"
                                authorWorks = "authorWorks"
                                reviewWorks = "reviewWorks">

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the users mailing list