naming convention for new attribute

Rod Widdowson rdw at steadingsoftware.com
Fri Apr 24 04:45:46 EDT 2015

> "Usually" what is used is an OID / URI that is assigned to the
organization. This
> could however be name="bob" as long as it is unique in your environment
and
> both ends of the exchange agree with that naming.

AAUI the spec says it should be a URI, so my strong suggestion would be to
use URL that you do control if you don't have an OID or URI assigned.

https://my.company.name.com/myAttributes/bob

or whatever.  Then you own the name (because you own the DNS) and it is
unique.  Thus both ends are future proofed and if one of them needs to
communicate to someone else they won't discover that "bob" is already in
use.

/R