Dynamic MetadataProvider

Tom Scavo trscavo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 08:01:42 EDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 8:31 AM, Peter Schober
<peter.schober at univie.ac.at> wrote:
> * Tom Scavo <trscavo at gmail.com> [2014-09-25 14:00]:
>> Is anyone using a Dynamic MetadataProvider [1] with the Shib SP? If
>> so, would you mind sharing your XML config? I want to configure an SP
>> to request per-entity metadata via the Metadata Query Protocol. [2]
>
> Seems the docs describe two ways to do what you intend to use it for,
> by either supplying a Subst or Regex child element with a URL where
> you'd like the lookup to be going. Something like
>
> <MetadataProvider type="Dynamic" ignoreTransport="true">
>   <Subst>http://example.org/get?id=$entityID</Subst>
> </MetadataProvider>
>
> Probably replacing made up content above with MDQuery specifics.
> Did you try that and what where the results?

No, I haven't tried it (which is why I asked my original question) and
apparently you haven't either :-)

What I'm really looking for is a testimonial that this feature works
in a production setting without issue. It's not easy to test without
actually configuring an active SP, so I'm hoping that someone else has
already gone down this path.

Thanks,

Tom