Dynamic MetadataProvider

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Thu Sep 25 08:31:28 EDT 2014

* Tom Scavo <trscavo at gmail.com> [2014-09-25 14:00]:
> Is anyone using a Dynamic MetadataProvider [1] with the Shib SP? If
> so, would you mind sharing your XML config? I want to configure an SP
> to request per-entity metadata via the Metadata Query Protocol. [2]

Seems the docs describe two ways to do what you intend to use it for,
by either supplying a Subst or Regex child element with a URL where
you'd like the lookup to be going. Something like

<MetadataProvider type="Dynamic" ignoreTransport="true">
  <Subst>http://example.org/get?id=$entityID</Subst>
</MetadataProvider>

Probably replacing made up content above with MDQuery specifics.
Did you try that and what where the results?
-peter