Weblogic 10.0.1 support

Kevin Foote kpfoote at uoregon.edu
Tue Oct 21 13:55:36 EDT 2014

> On Oct 21, 2014, at 10:40 AM, Sathish Anickode <SAnickode at skytouchtechnology.com> wrote:
>
> I wanted to clarify if I can use Shibboleth as a service provider in Weblogic 10.0.1. I can host Shibboleth Identity Provider on a supported server such as jetty.

So deploying the IdP was a WAG[1] on my part. DOH!

As for the SP question, native Weblogic itself can be the SP. It has been some time since I messed with WL but it can be a SAML1 SP.
As much as I can recall is that you create the MD and force the nameid to be what WL wants internally and it just works.

I believe there are also some deployments using stock Apache and mod_shib in front of the WL container.
This would probably be the best approach today - IMO.

[1] <http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=WAG&defid=1027073>

--------
thanks
 kevin.foote