Shidb / Apache Segmentation Fault

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 17 11:31:57 EST 2014

On 11/17/14, 4:19 PM, "Aleix Dorca Josa" <adorca at uda.ad> wrote:

>- Parts of the system shared? Do you refer via GlusterFS or via
>Shibboleth. In any case the system is really simple:

You said you were sharing files between the Shibboleth installations. If
that wasn't the case, I didn't understand what you said.

>	- GlusterFS shares a folder (moodledata) with another machine via a
>replica. It was all installed using the GlusterFS HowTo, it worked
>flawlessly so we did not go any deeper.
>	- Shibboleth has been configured using the same principle.

I don't know what that principle is.

> We only *protect* one file (the one moodle requires) with the apache
>plugin. On the shibboleth.xml we only changed the idp host address, and
>the entityID of the ApplicationDefaults section.

Ok. Then you're not sharing a shibd process or trying to cluster the SP
itself, which is a major piece of information. So there shouldn't be *any*
shared state between the machines that's relevant to the SP, and if there
is, you should stop that and see what happens.

>I'm dead sure the problem IS with my system. I was just asking for some
>help. Sorry about that. Didn't meant to waste your time. :-(

Well, at the end of the day, the only way to deal with a crash is to debug
it or get a stack trace.