ODBC session storage

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu May 22 12:27:09 EDT 2014

On 5/22/14, 9:47 AM, "Kristof Bajnok" <bajnokk at niif.hu> wrote:

>We've been trying it for weeks now, but after seemingly working for a
>couple of requests, then on one node shibd segfaults [1], and oddly the
>session gets invalidated on all hosts (whose shibd survive). It seems
>that a segfault only occurs if multiple hosts are used concurrently, but
>unlike [2], it's very frequent, a crash can be reproduced with a dozen
>page loads.

Pending seeing an actual stack trace, it's still a very good bet that this
is yet another broken ODBC driver.

I say that because I have numerous reports of the plugin working reliably
on other versions of ODBC driver manager and driver, and that tells me
it's unlikely to be a bug in the plugin.

That said, it's not news that ODBC on Unix, well, blows. This is probably
not the practical solution we need in the end, so while I'm preparing the
list of potential future work items for the community to evaluate, I'd
better put "something else for clustering" on the list.