Shibd process crashes shibd.exe version 2.53

pvenkatesh at moxiesoft.com pvenkatesh at moxiesoft.com
Thu May 15 11:44:08 EDT 2014

Hello All,

We are setting up a SSO integration with Shibboleth's SP.   We are
encountering an issue where the Shibd.exe  process shuts down.

With the last messages like,

2014-05-15 07:53:07 ERROR Shibboleth.Listener [4752] isapi_shib: error
reading size of output message
2014-05-15 07:53:07 ERROR Shibboleth.ISAPI [4752] isapi_shib: Failure
receiving response to remoted message (default/Login::run::SAML2SI).

Before this crashing issue, we were receiving a lot of errors like "Message
was signed but the signature could not be verified" . I am hoping that the
Shibboleth2.xml changes we did "fixed" the signature issue and has got to
the crashing part. ( hopefully we haven't progressed backwards)

I have attached  a zip file, -  package_to_shib.zip
<http://shibboleth.1660669.n2.nabble.com/file/n7600594/package_to_shib.zip>
that has Shibboleth2.xml file, all the logs, Partners IDP's metadata XML
file etc.  Could someone take a look at this and please tell me what is
going wrong? Why is the Shibd.exe process shutting down. Urgently need to
get this working for our Partner.

Thanks
-P