Has shibd to run on the same server

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Wed Jul 30 10:57:09 EDT 2014

* Marc Kalberer <info at programmers.ch> [2014-07-30 16:50]:
> But Now I'm facing a new problem
>     <Location /Shibboleth.sso>
>           SetHandler shib
>     </Location>
> does seems to be "active",

What is the problem then?

> - Is "mod_shib_22.so" incompatible with some apache module ?

Impossible to answer defintively, unless you have a list of all
existing httpd modules and tested them all with Shibboleth.

> - descativating php-handler gave me a page-not-found

When accessing what? The shib handler? Or a PHP script?

> - playing with proxypass give me a "proxy: No protocol handler was
> valid for the URL /Shibboleth.sso/Session"

You're proxying from where to where, and why?

> - is "shib" handler the default handler ?

For what content? Usually you only need a trick like the above of some
other content handler grabs all request URIs and so sabotages the shib
handler needed for the SP to work.
-peter