[#MXE-681707]: Shibboleth consulting services

Nate Klingenstein ndk at internet2.edu
Thu Jan 23 20:50:27 EST 2014

I wasn't able to find a list charter;

I don't believe such a charter exists beyond the short description on the webpage:

A medium-traffic mailing list where users of Shibboleth can discuss issues with the Shibboleth team and the larger user community. Questions regarding OpenSAML should not be sent here, but to the dev list below.

I was curious if there's any particular opinion from the list owners as far as vendors lurking and spamming participants with cold contacts from their postings?

I've personally been against requests for money for services unrelated to the Shibboleth project being posted publicly.  I am not a list owner and I do not know how they feel about that.

Lurking and spamming participants on an open source mailing list is, in my opinion, both good business and really bad karma.  I like to think karma wins sometimes.