Update EntityId after installation

Ajay Arora ajayrkarora at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 28 19:55:08 EST 2014

Hi,

I am exploring a set up wherein I did the Shibboleth IDP installation on first server and latter on migrated that set-up by manually copying over the shibboleth IDP installation directory to the second server.  The war generated from first server functions well even on second server. I also cleaned up the set-up so that most of the configuration is being referenced via class-path or relative paths with a few pending absolute path references.  I am also building the IDP war via a custom Ant build script to that it is automated and same version can be deployed on as many servers as required. The overall objective being not requiring to run through the install script on each server where IDP needs to be set up.

I overlooked the Entity Id that was defaulted during the set-up via install script on the very first server. This was in response to "What is the fully qualified hostname of the
Shibboleth Identity Provider server?". It took by default the host name of the server. It however got carried over to other servers as well due to my set-up process. To keep it generic, I should have keyed in a generic name like idp.org-name.com.

I see that it is being referenced in below files. Some of the references are URLs built with default host name as prefix.
credentials/idp.jks

metadata/idp-metadata.xml
conf/relying-party.xml

Is it feasible to change this name without requiring a re-installation?

Thanks,
Ajay