DB-backed storage service: testing database pool status?

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu Aug 28 17:48:57 EDT 2014

On 8/28/14, 5:34 PM, "Wessel, Keith" <kwessel at illinois.edu> wrote:

>Thanks, Scott. That sounds like an even better plan. Just to confirm
>since the examples are a broken link and the configuration docs don't
>talk about a factory selection, I enable this by installing the jar and
>adding:
>
>factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSourceFactory"
>
>to my resource definition.
>
>That right?

Don't know. I use an older version and I don't use Tomcat. Jetty's syntax
is different. I don't have a copy of my older Tomcat files anymore.

I don't recall any factory thing. Jetty just wants the data source class
(org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource in my case) and I pass in the
driver class and all the other details to it. I thought I did something
similar before, but that was Tomcat 5.