RelyingPartyConfigurationManager creation failed: IllegalArgumentException: Host name may not be null

Farrukh Najmi farrukh at wellfleetsoftware.com
Fri May 17 13:09:20 EDT 2013

On 05/17/2013 12:26 PM, Cantor, Scott wrote:
>> Attached is my SP metadata file. Note this file was generated by the
>> spring-security-saml2-core codebase.
> Has nothing to do with the metadata.
>
>> What could be causing this problem? Is it because of localhost being
>> used in the file instead of FQDN?
> No, it's an error in a URL parameter supplied to the metadata provider in the IdP.
>
> -- Scott

Doh! I just saw that the metadata:MetadataProvider/@metadataURL value
was missing the "//" after "http:" (see bold text below). Adding them
fixed this issue. Sorry, my bad, and thanks.

<metadata:MetadataProvider id="wellgeo-regrep-server-metadata"
xsi:type="metadata:FileBackedHTTPMetadataProvider"

metadataURL=*"http:myserver.com*:8080/omar-server/saml/metadata/alias/defaultAlias"
backingFile="/home/najmi/shibboleth/shibboleth-identityprovider-2.4.0/installation/metadata/myserver-metadata.xml">

--
Regards,
Farrukh Najmi

Web: http://www.wellfleetsoftware.com