which scope for AD domain OTHER THAN default one?

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Tue Mar 26 10:08:40 EDT 2013

On 3/26/13 5:11 AM, "Mauro Minella" <Mauro.Minella at microsoft.com> wrote:

>can you please help me finding the starting point using the example I
>mentioned? I mean, given contoso.com as AD domain and fabrikam.com as UPN
>for my users, what am I expected to write in the setup wizard, and which
>file(s) am I expected to update right after?

I don't know what wizard you mean, or what it does. If you're talking
about the Windows installer for the IdP, I don't know anything about it,
so I can't answer as to what it does or how. I would guess that it
probably doesn't know how to set up a more complex configuration that uses
a different value for scoped attributes than for the AD domain to connect
to. You'd have to forget the installer and do the changes yourself.

Scope is a policy issue, as I said. You change whatever metadata you
supply to federations and partners to reflect the scopes in use. Using
scoped attributes is an atttribute resolver configuration issue. Refer to
the documentation, or ask something specific that isn't clear there.