Shibboleth Beginner enquiries

Gilles Badouet badouetg at uni.coventry.ac.uk
Wed Mar 6 05:34:04 EST 2013

Dear Shibbleth Users,

My name is Gilles Rubens, a student at Coventry University. My master project is Shibboleth- based but I am a very new Shibboleth investigator. It is why I have just subscribed to the forum to get orientated and ask some questions since I have just read some papers about Shibboleth and already feel passinate about that mechanism of single sign on.

In fact my master topic is to investigate and implement Shibboleth to authenticate a company web applications by first producing a simple java application for the test.  I know that I am a real beginner and some of my questions could be annoying (sorry for that). Furtermore, I am more networking Engineer, not yet good programmer.

Please Can you provide me with some steps for the best understanding of Shibboleth mechanism, installation and implementation?

Best regards

Kind regards

Gilles Rubens Badouet

Student ID: 3940347