App pool crash / filter unloaded - ShibSP 2.5.1 on Windows 2008 Server SP2

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Fri Mar 1 21:51:52 EST 2013

On 3/1/13 9:30 PM, "Adam Cohen" <adamcohen at berkeley.edu> wrote:

>Has anyone gotten the SP 2.5.1 to run in this environment?

Plenty of people. It certainly loads. On a clean VM it installs and runs
with nothing modified at all.

>  Any directions I should be looking in?

The debug files are installed and with some work can be used in place of
the regular files and then it's possible to get a stack trace if you know
enough to get one.

There should be a native.log created, and if not, something is clearly
wrong with the permissions because that would mean it's not even trying to
load.

>I am thinking of uninstalling and trying a previous release over the
>weekend.

Not likely to help and you'd be unsupported anyway.